Centre on Constitutional Change

Centre on Constitutional Change's picture
Centre on
Constitutional Change

History

Blog
View recent blog entries
Member for
2 years 9 months

Posts by this author:

New e-book released today by The David Hume Institute, Centre on Constitutional Change and The Hunter Foundation. Britain's Decision - Facts and Impartial Analysis for the EU referendum on 23 June 2016. The Hunter Foundation has teamed up with some of the UK’s leading European scholars to produce a... Read more
Post type: News Article
The Hunter Foundation has teamed up with some of the UK’s leading European scholars to produce a free ebook to answer voters’ questions before the EU referendum on June 23rd. The ebook, Britain’s Decision – Facts and Impartial Analysis, involves scholars from the Centre on Constitutional Change and... Read more
Post type: Publication
Newcomers to a devolved political environment can find it bewildering says political scientist and incomer, Dr Matthew Wall, Senior Lecturer in Politics at Swansea University. Here he offers a few pointers for the Welsh election.    When I first moved to Wales in 2012, I knew next to nothing about W... Read more
Post type: Blog entry
A landmark new report by the Wales Governance Centre (WGC) at the University of Cardiff, Government Expenditure and Revenue Wales 2016, gives the clearest picture yet of the state of welsh public finances. Guto Ifan and Ed Poole at the WGC, explain that the report shows that public sector expenditur... Read more
Post type: Blog entry
Campaigning has started in earnest but, says Dr Jo Hunt, from a Welsh perspective there’s a sense of having been watching the process from the sidelines until now.   The UK’s entire reform and renegotiation agenda has been a highly centralised one, being driven from Number 10. Whilst the Prime Minis... Read more
Post type: Blog entry
The Smith Commission Agreement, published on 27 November 2014, set out proposals for substantial fiscal devolution to the Scottish Parliament. The Scotland Bill – due to receive Royal Assent shortly – will enshrine these powers in law. Both the Smith Commission Agreement and the UK Government’s su... Read more
Post type: Publication
The Smith Commission Agreement, published on 27 November 2014, set out proposals for substantial fiscal devolution to the Scottish Parliament. The Scotland Bill – due to receive Royal Assent shortly – will enshrine these powers in law. Both the Smith Commission Agreement and the UK Government’s subs... Read more
Post type: News Article
The decision by the Secretary of State for Wales to pause the legislative process for the Wales Bill not only makes constitutional sense but, say Huw Pritchard and Lleu Williams of the Wales Governance Centre, it’s good politics.  The Secretary of State for Wales, Stephen Crabb, promised to make “si... Read more
Post type: Blog entry
Devolution to local government in England raises concerns over the lack of public engagement and the legal framework, writes Robert Thomas of the University of Manchester School of Law.   So far, devolution has concerned 15 per cent of the UK’s population leaving the remaining 85 per cent more or le... Read more
Post type: Blog entry
"The UK and Scottish Governments have so far failed to agree the new 'fiscal framework' that must accompany the transfer of tax and welfare powers recommended by the Smith Commission and set out in the Scotland Bill. Perhaps the biggest bone of contention is how to adjust Scotland’s block grant to r... Read more
Post type: Publication

Pages

Latest blogs

Read More Posts